The DYS scholarship is for students who are interested in some aspect of corrections. It can be juvenile or adult, and can include prisons, probation, parole, reentry or counseling services. Student should meet the following qualifications:
- Applicants should be majoring Criminal Justice and should demonstrate solid academic credentials.
- Applicants should be interested in an aspect of corrections.
- Applicants should demonstrate academic promise and have earned at least a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in coursework completed prior to the time of application.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the UAB Office of Financial Aid.
- Preference will be given to junior or senior students who are interested in pursuing a career in Corrections.
- College of Arts and Sciences - Criminal Justice