UAB Emerging Leaders Scholarship
The UAB Emerging Leaders Scholarship was established in order to assist deserving UAB students who demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities and potential for involvement. This fund was established by gifts made in honor of Tony Dew, former UAB Associate Dean and Director of Student Development, who participated in the 1996 Boston Marathon. This scholarship is expected to be of significant and enduring value to the lives and careers of the students who benefit from it and the lives of all those they influence while serving as leaders on campus and in their careers.
This scholarship is distributed annually by The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership. Two recipients will be awarded for the fall 2019 semester; the award amount varies between $1,000 and $1,500.
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate student
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at UAB prior to application
- Must be a UAB freshman or sophomore
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills and abilities as well as potential for future leadership success.
The following must be included in the General Scholarship Application to be fully considered:
- Resume (highlighting campus involvement/leadership, community service, and student employment if applicable)
- 1 letter of recommendation from a person who can comment on your leadership on campus and/or in the UAB/Birmingham community.